Incidents and arrests
• Accident - At 2:30 p.m. Nov. 5, LLPD received a report of a hit-and-run accident that occurred in the parking lot of the post office.
• Assault - At 1 a.m. Nov. 9, LLPD arrested a 30-year-old Spokane man for fourth degree assault at the 22300 block of East Appleway. Officers were contacted by a complainant who stated she was riding her bike and had called the man for a ride to her home in Spokane. When he arrived, he became upset because the victim's bike would not fit in his car. The victim stated she then just tried to leave on her bike, but the man attempted to prevent her by grabbing her, hurting her wrists. When the victim left, the suspect followed her through the city until she was finally able to get away from him and call police. The man was contacted and agreed to come to LLPD to provide a statement. After the interview, he was arrested for the assault.
• Fraud - At 1 p.m. Nov. 9, LLPD received a report of a prescription fraud at the 2200 block of North Molter Road. The complainant reported that a patient had stolen a prescription pad from the location and was writing his own prescriptions for pain medication. When the patient came to the complainant to obtain another prescription, the complainant ran a query and learned that the suspect had been using the prescription pad and that the prescriptions were never authorized or signed by the complainant. When confronted with this information, the patient ran out of the office. The case had been assigned to Detective Ray Bourgeois.
• Alarm - At 11:05 a.m. Nov. 10, LLPD was dispatched to the 24000 block of East Sinto Lane for a residential alarm. It was determined the alarm was false.
• DWLS - LLPD officers made two arrests for driving with a suspended license during the reporting period, including:
- A 19-year-old Otis Orchards man at 6:40 a.m. Nov. 8 at Harvard and Indiana;
- A 34-year-old Spokane man at 4:50 p.m. Nov. 10 at Country Vista Drive and Henry Road.
• DWLS warrant - A 34-year-old Medical Lake woman was arrested at 4:50 a.m. Nov. 10 in the same traffic stop as the second DWLS listed above for an outstanding arrest warrant for DWLS out of Spokane. She was a passenger in the vehicle stopped at Country Vista Drive and Henry Road.
Calls for service