The Central Valley School District is hosting seven Community Connections events designed to educate business leaders, elected officials, parents and interested residents about Central Valley schools. Each school will highlight programs and strategies used to support student achievement. Presentations will feature students and teachers with a focus on career and college readiness.
The first event was held Oct. 30 at Chester Elementary.
Upcoming events, all of which will be from 7:30 to 9 a.m., include:
• Nov. 6 at Greenacres Middle School, Technology and Student Leadership;
• Nov. 7 at Central Valley High, Biomedicine, Student Mentors and Community Service;
• Nov. 8 at University High, Engineering, College Credit in High School and Career Planning;
• Nov. 13 at Early Learning Center, Innovative, Integrated Preschool and Child Care Programs;
• Nov. 14 at Barker High School, Nontraditional, Career-Oriented Education;
• Nov. 15 at Broadway Elementary, Science, Technology and Community Partnerships.
Interested community members are encouraged to attend one or more Community Connections events. A light meal will be served. Space is limited, and reservations are recommended by calling 228-5400. For more information, visit www.cvsd.org.
Trail renovation continues
Crews are blasting rock to widen and level the trail's tread in an effort to improve public safety. The trail will reopen to the public on Friday unless otherwise posted onsite.
The work is being funded through a $36,860 grant from the Washington State Recreation & Conservation Office. In addition to blasting work, the grant is funding bridge replacement, interpretive signage, habitat restoration and other trail improvements. The Washington Trails Association, Backcountry Horsemen and the Lands Council are partners in this project.
For more information or updates on the closure, contact Spokane County Parks, Recreation and Golf at 477-4730 or visit www.spokanecounty.org/parks.