The following incidents, arrests, calls for service and citations were reported by the Liberty Lake Police Department Oct. 1-8.
Incidents and arrests
• Suspicious circumstances - At 11:35 a.m. Oct. 3, LLPD was dispatched to the 1800 block of North Cavalier Road. The complainant reported that when they walked out of the home, they saw a subject inside of the garage standing next to their vehicle. The subject was identified and is known to work on landscaping in the area. Nothing was reported missing, but due to the recent vehicle prowls in the area, the complainant contacted law enforcement.
• Theft - At 9:40 a.m. Oct. 4, LLPD was dispatched to the 1300 block of North Whitman Lane for what was reported as two subjects who had just taken a mountain bike. Officers arrived in the area looking for the suspects, and it was determined that there was a time delay from when the theft occurred and when it was reported to 911. It was also determined that a bike was not taken, but lights from a bicycle were taken.
• Missing wallet - At 10 a.m. Oct. 1, LLPD was notified that a resident's wallet was possibly stolen. The complainant reported that between 6 to 7 p.m. the prior evening, her wallet was left in a shopping cart at Home Depot, and it was not turned in.
• Welfare check - At 4:55 p.m. Oct. 4, LLPD was dispatched to the 22800 block of East County Vista Drive for a welfare check. A father that lives out of state told officers that he has not heard from his daughter for an extended period of time and requested that officers check on her welfare. The officers were able to contact the daughter and determined that everything was fine and passed on the message from her father.
• Welfare check - At 9:15 p.m. Oct. 4, LLPD was dispatched to a welfare check at the 23000 block of East Sinto Avenue. The complainant reported he was being harassed by 40 unknown subjects who have been following him and making threats. The complainant stated the 40 people were currently watching him from two blocks away. The officer checked the area and could not locate anyone.
• DUI - A 54-year-old Liberty Lake woman was arrested at 9:15 p.m. Oct. 5 at Molter and Appleway for DUI. The officer observed the vehicle swerving and speeding while travelling westbound on Appleway. The officer stopped the vehicle and during the contact and investigation determined the driver was intoxicated.
• Suspicious person - At 7:30 p.m. Oct. 5, LLPD was dispatched to a suspicious person call. The complainant reported he observed a male subject taking pictures of houses and children as they were waiting at the bus stop in the area of the 24000 block of East Maxwell between 7:15 and 7:30 a.m. Dayshift officers were notified of the situation, and officers will be doing extra patrols in the area.
• Domestic violence assault - A 41-year-old Liberty Lake man was arrested at 12:10 p.m. Oct. 5 at the 200 block of North Legacy Ridge Drive for second degree assault domestic violence. Officers were dispatched to the address for a domestic violence with a weapon. It was being reported through a third party that they heard through a phone conversation that there was a physical struggle going on between a male and female, and the male subject made a comment about "finishing this now" before the phone line was disconnected. Officers arrived on scene and contacted a male and female subject. During the investigation, it was determined the male subject caused substantial injury to the victim, and the male subject made threats to kill the victim. The subject was taken into custody and booked into the Spokane County Jail on the felony assault.
• Vehicle prowl suspected - At 12:35 p.m. Oct. 7, LLPD was dispatched to the 1800 block of North Cavalier Road for a possible vehicle prowl. The complainant reported that during the prior evening someone possibly entered her unlocked vehicle that was parked in the driveway. Nothing was missing from the vehicle.
• Reported stolen - At 11:15 a.m. Oct. 7, LLPD was dispatched to the 600 block of North Homestead for a stolen vehicle report. The complainant stated his vehicle was taken from his garage sometime overnight. During the prior evening, officers located an abandoned vehicle that was involved in a crash at Country Vista and Molter Road. No one was around the vehicle, and the vehicle was impounded by law enforcement. After further questioning and investigation, the complainant admitted his car was not stolen and that he was the one who crashed the car the prior evening.
• DWLS - LLPD officers made three arrests for driving with a suspended license during the reporting period, including:
- A 40-year-old Spokane man at 5:30 p.m. Oct. 4 at Country Vista Drive and Hawkstone Loop;
- A 32-year-old Liberty Lake man at 2:30 p.m. Oct. 5 at Appleway and Liberty Lake Road;
- A 51-year-old Lake Stevens, Wash., man at 9:20 p.m. Oct. 6 at Harvard Road and Interstate 90.
Calls for service
Agency assist 1
Lost or found property 2
Suspicious person/circumstance 1
Traffic accident 2
Traffic offense 3
Vehicle prowl 1
Welfare check 2
License and plates required 3
License reg signature/carried 1
Liability insurance 3
Defective tail light 1
Prohibited turn 1
Negligent driving ,2nd degree 1
Use of cell phone 1
Failure to wear seat belt 1