The following incidents, arrests, calls for service and citations were reported by the Liberty Lake Police Department Jan. 21-28.
1/30/2013 12:30:31 PM
Incidents and arrests
• Theft - At 1:35 p.m. Jan. 22, LLPD received a report of a theft at the 1600 block of North Molter Road. An administrator from the business reported that a former employee was using the business credit card for unauthorized purchases at a home improvement store. While officers were investigating, it was determined that the thefts have been occurring since October 2012. The suspect was purchasing items using the company credit card and then pawning the items for cash the same day. The case has been assigned to Det. Ray Bourgeois for follow-up investigation.
• False alarm - At 10:15 p.m. Jan. 22, LLPD was dispatched to a commercial alarm at the 1300 block of North Liberty Lake Road. It was determined the alarm was false.
• Another false alarm - At 10:10 a.m. Jan. 23, LLPD was dispatched to a residential alarm at the 1300 block of North King James Lane. It was determined the alarm was false.
• DUI - A 36-year-old Spokane man was arrested at 2 p.m. Jan. 23 at Appleway Road and Hawkstone Loop for DUI.
• Suspicious backpack - At 9 p.m. Jan. 24, LLPD was dispatched to a suspicious circumstances call at the 1400 block of North Liberty Lake Road. The complainant reported that a backpack was sitting in the middle of the parking lot. Officers were able to find the owner of the backpack and contacted him by phone. He said he accidentally left the bag outside of Walgreens when he switched cars and returned to retrieve his property.
• Collision - At 4:40 p.m. Jan. 23, LLPD was dispatched to a two-car collision at Appleway and Molter roads.
• Vehicle prowl - At 7:40 p.m. Jan. 25, LLPD received a report of a vehicle prowl at the 23000 block of East Sinto. The complainant reported that between 6 and 7:40 p.m., a subject removed her purse from her unlocked car that was parked in the driveway. The complainant was able to provide possible suspect information. The case has been forwarded to Det. Bourgeois for follow-up investigation.
• DWLS - LLPD officers made three arrests for driving with a suspended license during the reporting period, including:
- A 26-year-old Spokane man at 6:20 p.m. Jan. 25 at Barker and Cataldo;
- A 47-year-old Newman Lake man at 7:15 p.m. Jan. 26 at Barker and Indiana;
- A 38-year-old Post Falls woman at 2:10 a.m. Jan. 28 at Harvard and Mission.
Calls for service
Property theft 1
Suspicious person or circumstance 2
Traffic accident 1
Traffic offense 1
Vehicle prowl 1
Welfare check 1
Licenses and plates required 2
Driving without license or ID 1
Liability insurance 3
Defective muffler 1
Failure to signal 1
Minor in possession of alcohol 1