The following incidents, arrests, calls for service and citations were reported by the Liberty Lake Police Department Jan. 7-14.
1/16/2013 7:44:12 AM
Incidents and arrests
• Family argument - At 6 p.m. Jan. 7, LLPD was requested to assist the Spokane County Sheriff's Office with a domestic violence call regarding a family argument at the 19600 block of East Sprague Avenue. It was determined that no crime had occurred, and the officers mediated and stood by while one of the subjects retrieved personal property and left the scene.
• Malicious mischief - At 6:15 p.m. Jan. 8, LLPD was dispatched to a malicious mischief incident at the 1300 block of North Liberty Lake Road. A male subject had allegedly keyed the complainant's vehicle parked at Albertsons. The complainant told police two witnesses came into the store and told her that a male was seen keying the driver's side of her Mercedes. The suspect was contacted in the store and admitted to keying the vehicle, stating he did it because the complainant had "cut her off" with her vehicle. The suspect apologized to the victim, and they made arrangements to have the vehicle repaired. The victim did not want to pursue criminal charges as long as the subject paid for the repair to the car.
• False alarm - At 10:15 p.m. Jan. 8, LLPD was dispatched to a commercial alarm at the 1300 block of North Liberty Lake Road. The call stated the back door alarm was tripped, and there was no answer calling inside the business. Officers checked the business, and all was secure. It was determined the alarm was false.
• Assault arrest - A 29-year-old Liberty Lake woman was arrested at 3 p.m. Jan. 9 at the 1600 block of North Cirque Lane for domestic violence assault and malicious mischief domestic violence. The suspect reportedly was involved in a verbal argument with her mother when she pushed her mother, causing her to fall down and injure her head. The suspect then punched the bathroom door, causing approximately $100 in damage. The suspect was booked into the Spokane County Jail.
• Theft - At 11 a.m. Jan. 9, LLPD received a report of a theft from Freedom RV at the 19600 block of East Cataldo. The service manager reported a television that had been received Jan. 5 to place into one of the RV units was noticed missing on Jan. 7. He said another television was also taken sometime around Dec. 1.
• Cell phone hangup domestic violence incident - At 8:30 a.m. Jan. 12, LLPD was dispatched to a suspected domestic violence incident in the area of Country Vista Drive and Henry Road. The call came from an out-of-state cell phone, and dispatch reported that on an open line they heard a female say something about domestic violence and a male voice in the background, and then the phone was disconnected and there was no answer on calling back. Officers, dispatched to the area based on cell tower coordinates, checked the area of the apartment complex and the surrounding area but could not locate anyone associated with the call. Officers were able to get owner information on the cell phone which came back to a subject in Nevada. There was no local information on the name of the subject.
• Domestic violence assault - A 13-year-old Liberty Lake boy was arrested at noon Jan. 12 at the 22800 block of Country Vista Drive and booked into juvenile detention on the charge of domestic violence assault. The boy's mother reported that her son had assaulted her by biting her and scratching her hand, causing injury. Upon arrival, officers contacted both parties and determined the boy assaulted his mother during an argument.
• DUI - A 16-year-old Spokane Valley boy was arrested at 2:50 a.m. Jan. 13 at Liberty Lake Road and Country Vista Drive for DUI. The officer stopped the vehicle - which contained the boy, who was driving, and two passengers - for an equipment violation. During the contact, the officer could smell the odor of intoxicants. The officer asked the driver if he had been drinking, and the driver stated he had not been drinking as he was the designated driver. When checking his driver's status, it was determined he had an intermediate license and is not supposed to have passengers or drive between the hours of 1 and 5 a.m. The parents of the passengers were contacted and told to come pick them up. During the investigation, it was determined the driver was DUI. He was taken into custody and processed for DUI and then was released to his father.
• Residential alarm - At 11:30 a.m. Jan. 13, LLPD was dispatched to a residential alarm at the 24000 block of East Ludlow. Officers checked the home, and all was secure.
• DWLS - LLPD officers made two arrests for driving with a suspended license during the reporting period, including:
- A 24-year-old Liberty Lake man at 8:35 p.m. Jan. 9 at Harvard and Cataldo;
- A 27-year-old Liberty Lake man at 6:55 p.m. Jan. 13 at the 22000 block of East Country Vista Drive;
- A man at 4:30 a.m. Jan. 14 at East Appleway Avenue and North Spokane Bridge Road.
Calls for service
Agency assist 3
Domestic violence 3
Malicious mischief 1
Property theft 1
Traffic offense 2
Welfare check 2
License and plates required 1
Liability insurance 1
Operating vehicle with defective equip. 1
Failure to obey traffic control 1
Following too close 1
Failure to stop at stop sign 1
Minor operating vehicle after alcohol 1
Use of cell phone 1
Assault IV 1
Malicious mischief III 1