The following incidents, arrests, calls for service and citations were reported by the Liberty Lake Police Department Jan. 1-7.
1/9/2013 7:40:11 AM
Incidents and arrests
• Agency assist - The LLPD greeted 2013 with a request to assist the Spokane County Sheriff's Office at 1:30 a.m. Jan. 1 with a disorderly person call at a bar located at the 18000 block of East Appleway. An intoxicated subject was reportedly inside the bar starting fights with other patrons, and additional fights were breaking out as officers were responding. The complainant armed himself with a metal pipe and told the dispatcher he was going to use it if needed. Several officers arrived on scene, the subject causing the disturbance was asked to leave and the case was turned over to the Sheriff's office.
• Domestic violence assault - A 13-year-old Liberty Lake boy was arrested at 5:15 p.m. Jan. 1 at the 22000 block of East Country Vista Drive for domestic violence assault. Officers were dispatched to the location for a report of an argument between the boy and his mother, and reports that the boy had slammed his mother against the wall in the home and hit her. When the officer arrived on scene, he could hear yelling coming from inside the apartment. When he entered the home, the 13-year-old ran through the apartment, away from the officer and locked himself in a room. The officer was able to get the 13-year-old to unlock the door and placed him in handcuffs. During the investigation, police determined the boy had assaulted his mother and was on probation for domestic violence assault. He was booked into the juvenile detention facility.
• Welfare check - At 5:30 p.m. Jan. 1, LLPD was dispatched to the 22000 block of East Country Vista Drive, where a woman reported that her nephew was an alcoholic and was incoherent in his bed. Officers contacted the subject, who was extremely intoxicated. He requested to be taken to the hospital, and he was transported to Valley Hospital.
• Stolen vehicle - At 1:45 p.m. Jan. 4, LLPD received a report of a vehicle theft at Freedom RV, located at the 19600 block of East Cataldo. The complainant advised that sometime between Dec. 3 and Jan. 4, a 2013 Forest Ridge Sunseeker 23-foot class C motorhome was taken from the lot at the dealership. Officers checked the VIN to determine if a vehicle had been recovered in that timeframe, and there was no record that the vehicle had been located. The vehicle was entered into the system as stolen.
• Argument and arrest - At 1 p.m. Jan. 5, LLPD was dispatched to an argument at the 23000 block of East Valleyway. While en route to the call, dispatch advised that a 29-year-old male involved in the argument was refusing to leave the residence and had an outstanding arrest warrant. When the officer arrived on scene, he placed the man into custody for the outstanding arrest warrant. The officer talked to the complainant and determined there was a verbal argument only, and no crime occurred. The subject was booked into the jail on the warrant.
• Suspicious circumstances - At 5:30 p.m. Jan. 5, LLPD was dispatched to a suspicious circumstances call at the 21900 block of East Country Vista Drive. The complainant said two subjects were spray painting a van behind a building near Legacy Ridge Drive and the main gate entrance to the hillside development. The subjects were contacted, and it was determined that one of the subjects was the owner of the van, and they were painting it to get rid of the yellow color and wanted to change it to black. When asked why they decided to paint the vehicle at the location where they were contacted, officers were told the subject's father owned the building where they were painting the vehicle.
• Theft and outstanding warrant - A 50-year-old Otis Orchards woman was arrested - and she and her husband were trespassed from the store - following a shoplifting incident 9 a.m. Jan. 5 at Albertsons, located at the 1300 block of North Liberty Lake Road. An LLPD officer was dispatched to Albertsons, where store officials were reporting that they were detaining a shoplifting suspect. The woman was observed taking a package of sausage and a brick of cheese and some other grocery items and concealing them in her purse. She then went to the cash register and paid for the grocery items she had in her cart. When confronted about the items, she concealed in her purse, she denied it. However, the cashier noticed the items in the purse when the suspect was paying for the other items. As the subject was leaving, she was confronted again and cooperated with store personnel. The subject's husband was waiting for her in a car in front of the store. An officer contacted him, and the store advised that both subjects have been tracked to involvement in numerous theft cases from Albertsons stores and requested that the couple be trespassed from the store. During the investigation, it was determined the woman had an outstanding arrest warrant for DWLS. She was issued a criminal citation for the theft and booked into the Spokane County Jail for the outstanding warrant.
• Suspicious vehicle - At 8:20 a.m. Jan. 6, LLPD was dispatched to a suspicious vehicle at the 22300 block of East Appleway. The complainant reported a vehicle parked in front of the garbage dumpsters at the business for more than 90 minutes with a dog inside and nobody around. Officers were finally able to locate a number for a relative of the registered owner of the vehicle, who then provided a cell phone number for the owner. Officers called the registered owner, and she advised that she would move the vehicle.
• False alarm - At 7 p.m. Jan. 6, LLPD was dispatched to a commercial alarm at Camping World at the 19600 block of East Cataldo. A store representative responded to the scene. The outside and interior of the business was checked, and all was secure. It was determined the alarm was false.
• DWLS - LLPD officers made three arrests for driving with a suspended license during the reporting period, including:
- A 26-year-old Liberty Lake man at 5:50 a.m. Jan. 4 at Harvard and Mission;
- A 35-year-old Post Falls man at 2:30 a.m. Jan. 5 at the 25000 block of East Appleway;
- A 29-year-old Post Falls man at 10:05 p.m. Jan. 6 at Appleway and Liberty Lake Road.
Calls for service
Agency assist 1
Citizen assist 1
Commerical vehicle inspection 1
Domestic violence 2
Property theft 1
Suspicious person/circumstance 2
Traffic offense 3
Vehicle theft 1
Welfare check 1
Licenses and plates required 1
Parking in handicap zone 1
Liability insurance 3
Defective tail light 1
Failure to dim headlights 1
Defective muffler 1
Failure to stop at stop sign 1