The following incidents, arrests, calls for service and citations were reported by the Liberty Lake Police Department Nov. 12-19.
11/20/2012 9:54:36 AM
Incidents and arrests
• Injured animal - At 8:40 a.m. Nov. 12, LLPD was dispatched to Appleway and Madson and found a severely injured coyote lying under a tree in the area. Based on the extent of the injuries, the coyote was put down.
• Arrest assist - At 7:50 p.m. Nov. 15, LLPD assisted the Spokane County Sheriff's Office with a 30-year-old Spokane Valley man who was running from deputies trying to serve an arrest warrant at the 18800 block of E. Cataldo. The man was located and taken into custody by LLPD officers and turned over to the sheriff's office.
• Civil problem - At 10:45 a.m. Nov. 15, LLPD was dispatched to the 1800 block of North Meyers Road, where a property owner had a court order to remove several squatters and their property from the home. Officers removed the subjects and property from the home and towed several vehicles from the property that did not belong to anyone at the location, per the court order.
• Two-car accident - At 4:30 p.m. Nov. 14, LLPD was dispatched to a two-car, non-injury collision near the 1400 block of North Liberty Lake Road. Both vehicles were northbound when one stopped for traffic, and the at-fault driver hit the vehicle. The at-fault driver was issued an infraction for following too close.
• Theft - At 2:45 p.m. Nov. 16, LLPD received a report of a theft at the 23000 block of East Mission Avenue. The complainant reported several items were missing from her room at the assisted-living facility, including jewelry, a watch and commemorative quarters. The case has been assigned to Detective Ray Bourgeois.
• Drug arrest - A 19-year-old Spokane Valley man was arrested at 2 a.m. Nov. 17 at the 1600 block of North Aladdin for unlawful possession of a controlled substance called "spice," which is a synthetic marijuana. Officers were dispatched to the area when a complainant reported the man had hit trees in the neighborhood and was leaving west on Mission. The complainant was able to provide a description of the vehicle and a partial license plate, and the vehicle was located by officers at Flora and Mission. When officers approached, the vehicle tried to leave but could not gain any traction. The driver was removed from the vehicle, was extremely lethargic and smelled of marijuana. The officer located a smoking device on the floorboard of the vehicle. After the investigation, the subject was taken into custody for DUI (drug impaired). The subject admitted to smoking marijuana earlier in the evening. The subject also told the officer he was using "spice." The officer located additional drugs in the vehicle. The subject was taken to Valley Hospital for a drug recognition evaluation and booked into Spokane County Jail on the drug possession charge. Additional charging requests are being forwarded to the prosecutor for the DUI, hit and run, minor in possession of alcohol and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• DWLS - LLPD officers arrested a 27-year-old Spokane woman at 7:45 p.m. Nov. 13 for driving with a suspended license.
Calls for service
Agency assist 3
Citizen dispute 1
Malicious mischief 1
Suspicious person 1
Property theft 1
Traffic accident 2
Traffic offense 1
Liability insurance 1
Following too close 1
Speeding in school zone 1