The following incidents, arrests, calls for service and citations were reported by the Liberty Lake Police Department Oct. 29 to Nov. 5.
11/7/2012 9:10:20 AM
Incidents and arrests
• Suspicious circumstances - At 12:10 a.m. Oct. 30, LLPD was dispatched to a suspicious circumstances call at the 100 block of Chief Garry Lane. The complainant reported he saw someone walking around a new home under construction with a flashlight. Officers contacted two subjects at the address. It was determined they were working for the contractor and taking measurements for concrete work. Officers were able to verify the subjects did work for the builder.
• Lost - At 7 p.m. Oct. 29, LLPD received a report of lost property at the 1000 block of North Malvern Road.
• Vehicle prowl - At 12:05 p.m. Oct. 30, LLPD received a report of a vehicle prowl that occurred sometime during the previous evening at the 21000 block of East Rockrose Lane. The complainant reported tools were removed from an unlocked vehicle.
• Garage burglary - At noon Oct. 30, LLPD received a report of a garage burglary/vehicle prowl incident at the 21000 block of North Country Vista Drive. The complainant reported a wallet and iPad were taken overnight from an unsecured vehicle in his open garage. The complainant advised LLPD he had received a call from a maintenance worker in the East Valley School District that his wallet was found near East Farms Elementary School. The wallet was missing two credit cards. During the investigation, it was determined the cards were used at the Zip Trip in Liberty Lake at 4 a.m., and the cards were used at the Post Falls Walmart.
The case has been assigned to Detective Ray Bourgeois, who was working on obtaining video surveillance.
• Suspected trespassing - At 9:30 a.m. Oct. 30, LLPD was dispatched to a trespassing incident at the 24900 block of East Hawkstone Loop. The caller stated she saw a subject at the complex who she thought had been trespassed from the premises. The officers did not locate the subject and did not have information that the subject being referred to was ever trespassed from the complex.
• Fraud - At 2 p.m. Oct. 31, LLPD received a report of a fraud at the 1200 block of North Liberty Lake Road. A store manager in the Safeway area stated suspects are making small purchases then changing the receipts for a larger dollar amount item and obtaining refunds for the larger amount.
• Solicitation arrest - An 18-year-old Spokane Valley man and a 20-year-old Wellpinit man were arrested at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 1 at the 1000 block of North Tanglewood Lane for peddling/soliciting without a license. Officers were dispatched to the area for a report of two subjects going door to door asking people about their current Internet services. Officers contacted both subjects and advised them of a local ordinance requiring registration with the city and issued them criminal citations.
• Felony arrest - a 62-year-old Otis Orchards man was arrested at 7 p.m. Nov. 3 at Harvard and Indiana for an outstanding felony arrest warrant out of Vancouver, Wash., for a probation violation. The original charges were for two counts of forgery. He was also issued a criminal citation for driving with a suspended license.
• Felony arrest - A 31-year-old Rathdrum man was arrested at 9:30 a.m. Nov. 2 at the 21000 block of East George Gee Lane for an outstanding felony warrant for two counts of grand theft out of Idaho. The subject was booked into the county jail on a fugitive from justice hold until he could be extradited to Idaho for the warrants.
• Fraud - At 9 a.m. Nov. 2, LLPD received a report of a fraud at the 1400 block of North Meadowwood Lane. The complainant stated he was notified that fraudulent checks using his business account and routing number were being issued and cashed in Indianola, Miss. The complainant provided copies of the fraudulent checks, and the case was assigned to Bourgeois.
• Juvenile transient arrest - A 16-year-old juvenile female listed as a transient was arrested at 9:10 p.m. Nov. 2 at the 22800 block of East Country Vista Drive for DUI. The officer initially stopped the vehicle for an expired registration. During the contact, the officer could smell the odor of intoxicants and located alcohol inside the vehicle. It was determined the subject had been abandoned in February 2012 and was living on the streets and at friends' homes. CPS was notified, and the subject was released to its care.
• Theft - At 10:15 p.m. Nov. 3, LLPD received a report of a theft at the 22300 block of East Appleway Ave. The complainant reported he rode his bicycle to the store with some friends and left the bicycle parked outside. He was in the store for approximately five minutes, and when he returned outside, his bicycle was missing.
• Another theft - At 2 p.m. Nov. 3, LLPD received a report of a theft at the 21200 block of East Country Vista Drive. The complainant reported an air compressor was removed from the back patio of his apartment.
• Citizen assist - At 3:35 a.m. Nov. 3, LLPD received a report of an elderly female lying down on the side of the road near Mission and Homestead. Officers located the subject, who was wearing a nightgown and did not have any shoes or socks. The subject was shivering and could not provide any information of who she was or where she lived. The Spokane Valley Fire Department responded to the scene. Officers returned the subject to a nearby assisted living facility, where it was determined she was a resident, and she was cared for by a nurse.
• DWLS - LLPD officers made three arrests for driving with a suspended license during the reporting period in addition to the one connected with the felony arrest noted above, including:
- A 35-year-old Liberty Lake woman at 7:50 p.m. Oct. 29 at Appleway and Liberty Lake Road;
- A 29-year-old Newman Lake man at 11:35 a.m. Nov. 1 at Harvard and Euclid;
- A 40-year-old Otis Orchards woman at 9:20 p.m. Oct. 31 at Harvard and Mission.
Calls for service
Burglary, residential 1
Citizen assist 3
Family fight (nonviolent) 1
Juvenile problem 1
Lost or found property 1
Malicious mischief 1
Property theft 1
Suspicious person/circumstance 3
Traffic offense 3
Vehicle prowl 1
Solicitor/peddler license 2
License and plates required 2
Attach of plate to vehicle 1
Driving without a license 1
Liability insurance 2
Minor operating vehicle after alcohol 1