10/3/2012 8:57:02 AM
The following incidents, arrests, calls for service and citations were reported by the Liberty Lake Police Department Sept. 24 to Oct. 1.
• Fraud/theft follow-up
- Liberty Lake Police Detective Ray Bourgeois continued the investigation into a fake Morgan Silver Dollar sold off of a Craigslist ad in the parking lot at 1300 N. Liberty Lake Road for $2,500 reported in the Sept. 27 Splash. The suspect, who is currently in jail in Lewiston, Idaho, on felony charges, was interviewed by Bourgeois. He was positively identified as the suspect and confessed to the crime. The charges from the Liberty Lake case will be waiting for the suspect after his time serving in the Lewiston jail is complete.
- LLPD was dispatched at 6:51 p.m. Sept. 26 to the report of trespassers in the area of Henry Road and Sprague Avenue on Legacy Ridge. Subjects were reportedly driving ATVs through a residential area, and officers contacted them and warned them about the trespassing.
– At 5 p.m. Sept. 27, LLPD was notified of a fraud at the 22200 block of Country Vista Drive. The complainant reported she was notified by Horizon Credit Union of fraudulent activity on her debit card. The complainant's debit card account was being used by several online merchants for purchases.
• Prescription fraud
– A 55-year-old Coeur d'Alene man was arrested at 5:30 p.m. Sept. 27 at the 1300 block of North Liberty Lake Road for prescription fraud and possession of a controlled substance. Officers were notified of a subject who dropped off a possible fake prescription at the pharmacy inside Albertsons. Officers arrived on scene and contacted the man, who was inside the building. After a lengthy investigation, it was determined he obtained a prescription using false information. The subject was booked into the Spokane County Jail. The DEA was informed of the arrest and told LLPD the man had been committing this fraud in several states and that the case would be taken federally.
– At 3:45 p.m. Sept. 27, LLPD was dispatched to a theft at the 1700 block of North Madson, where an employee reported her iPhone had been stolen while she was at work.
• Wire and copper theft
– At 9:35 a.m. Sept. 28, LLPD was dispatched to a theft of wiring and copper from a house under construction at the 20000 block of East Indiana. The superintendent reported that during the evening, wiring from the walls was removed, and it also appeared an attempt to remove copper piping from the home was made. The home also sustained water damage from the cut pipes.
• Suspicious email
– At 10:30 a.m. Sept. 28, LLPD received a report from the LLSWD about a suspicious string of emails that appeared to be from a payroll company with links requesting they be followed up on for payroll purposes. The payroll company advised it did not send out the emails.
– At 7:45 a.m. Sept. 30, LLPD was contacted by Liberty Lake Chevron stating an approximately 9-year-old boy was in the store carrying a backpack, and no one was with him. Officers contacted the boy and determined he had run away from home in Spokane Valley. He was transported back to his house.
– LLPD officers made four arrests for driving with a suspended license during the reporting period, including:
- A 31-year-old Newman Lake driver at 7 a.m. Sept. 28 at Appleway and Rocky Hill Lane;
- A 49-year-old Deer Park woman at 8:40 p.m. Sept. 28 at Harvard and Indiana;
- A 57-year-old Liberty Lake man at 11:35 a.m. Sept. 30 at Liberty Lake Road and Inlet Drive;
- A 48-year-old Spokane man at 1:45 p.m. Sept. 30 at Harvard and Mission.
Calls for service
Juvenile runaway 1
Legend drug 1
Lost or found property 1
Property theft 2
Suspicious person/circumstance 1
Traffic offense 4
Vehicle prowl 1
Welfare check 1
Expired registration 3
Driving without license ID 1
Liability insurance 2
Passing in no-passing zone 1
Speed in school zone 1
Use of cell phone 2
Malicious mischief 1