8/8/2012 12:25:24 PM
Itron announces quarterly financial report
Liberty Lake-based Itron announced second-quarter financial results Aug. 1, noting GAAP diluted net earnings per share of 79 cents and non-GAAP diluted net earnings per share of $1.16.
"I am pleased with our business execution in the second quarter," Itron President and CEO LeRoy Nosbaum said in a release. "While revenue was flat year-over-year at constant currency, we improved gross margin in both segments as we continue to focus on efficiencies and resource prioritization."
Revenues were $579 million for the quarter, compared with $612 million in the same period in 2011.
STCU announces promotions, hiring for key positions
Liberty Lake-headquartered Spokane Teachers Credit Union recently announced the promotion of four longtime employees and the hiring of two others. The moves come as the credit union realigns its lending departments, creating separate commercial lending and small business divisions from what was formally grouped under a business services umbrella.
The staffing changes include:
• Patrick Garrity, director of lending strategy (a new position at STCU). Garrity has worked in lending for 30 years, the last 19 with STCU, where he most recently was director of consumer lending. He majored in finance and economics at Eastern Washington University.
• David Flood, director of consumer lending. Flood has worked in lending for 20 years, the last 12 at STCU, where he most recently was lending center manager. A resident of Hayden, Idaho, he has degrees in accounting and finance from University of Idaho and is enrolled in EWU's MBA program.
• Greg Swanson, director of commercial lending (a new position at STCU). Swanson, a new STCU employee, has more than 30 years of experience in business and lending, most recently as vice president of Sterling Bank. He has a bachelor's degree from Washington State University and an organizational management certificate from Whitworth University.
• Jeff Verble, commercial lending manager. Verble, a new STCU employee, started his banking career 29 years ago, interspersed with periods as a residential contractor. He has a bachelor's degree in industrial technology from EWU.
• Jessie Chastain, home loan relationship development officer (a new position for STCU). Chastain has been at STCU for five years, most recently as a real estate loan officer. She attends Whitworth University.
• Terri Mills, small business manager (a new position at STCU). Mills has 25 years of experience at financial institutions and has worked at STCU since 2007, most recently as business services manager. She attends Whitworth University.
In Biz features Liberty Lake-connected business items. Contact The Splash with business news at firstname.lastname@example.org.